Fun course! Note – we have added some animal exhibits in Denver Zoo and extended the route, which simply shortens some of the course on 23rd. Maps including the zoo map will be adjusted soon. Mile markers 5+ remain the same.
Wonderful fun as you enjoy City Park – Denver’s prettiest park, downtown Denver, and a full mile through Denver Zoo. Mile by mile description below.
A runner favorite, the new course keeps the epic mile in Denver Zoo, a once a year chance for you to be watched by rhinos, elephants, camels, monkeys, tigers, and more. The detail zoo map is above.
New this year, you’ll experience vibrant Colfax with iconic spots like VooDoo Donuts, Irish Snug, and Cathedral Basilica. Stellar mountain views abound as you head downtown. The new course also takes you by the Capitol, Civic Center Park, 16th Street Mall, Convention Center, and the Cherry Creek Bike Path. While you’re running through downtown, you’ll run through Denver Fire Station #1 and get high-fives by a row of firefighters. This is the only race in the country with a fire station run-through!
The homestretch will be running along 17th Avenue, passing restaurants and historic buildings, before entering Denver’s beautiful City Park for a great after party on the lake with over 20,000 new friends.
Check out your highlights mile by mile (approximate):
- 1st – 3rd Mile – City Park – Lake, Fountains, Statues, Tennis Pavilions, Golf Course
- 4th Mile – Denver Zoo
- 4th – 5th Mile – Denver Museum of Nature and Science, Historic Montview Blvd
- 6th Mile – Denver Museum Nature Science, Lake-side, Pavilion
- 7th Mile – Eclectic Colfax – Voodoo Donuts, Irish Snug, Fillmore Theater
- 8th Mile – Colfax – Cathedral Basilica, Capitol, Civic Center Park, Firestation run-through
- 9th Mile – CC Bike Path, Lawrence, 16th Street Mall Crossover
- 10th Mile – 17th Street Business District, heart of the city
- 11th -12th Mile – 17th Avenue – boutique restaurants, bars, classic architecture
- 13th Mile – Old Denver neighborhoods, homestretch into City Park
Click here to see the elevation map