This Policy describes the types of information Colfax Marathon or our service providers may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit runcolfax.org or any of our other Colfax Marathon websites, such as runcolfax.com (our “Sites”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect on our Sites and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Sites. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, or by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Sites.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Sites. By accessing or using our Sites, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of a Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Sites or through any of their features, register on our Sites, make any purchases through our Sites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Colfax Marathon and/or our service providers collect several types of information through our Sites, including:
- information you provide when you create an account, such as your name, username, password, email address, race history, or volunteer experience;
- information you provide when you sign up to receive our newsletters;
- information you provide when you register to participate in or to volunteer for a race or other event, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, country of residence, age or date of birth, gender, race history and experience, occupation, emergency contacts, or other information you provide directly to us as necessary to participate in or to volunteer for a race or other event;
- information you provide when you report an issue with a Site or when you request further services from us;
- information you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with a Site;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete; and/or
- your search inquiries on our Sites.
As you navigate through and interact with a Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Sites; and/or
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, location (by country) and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from service providers or other third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, and/or recognize you when you return to a Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies are small files that are stored on your device by your web browser. A cookie allows us to recognize whether you have visited a Site before and may allow us to store user preferences and other information. If you are concerned about having cookies on your device, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from your device; however, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the Sites may not operate correctly.
- Web beacons, pixels, tags and other similar technologies. Pages of our Sites and our emails may contain web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, tags, and pixels) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
For more information, please also see the section entitled “Third-Party Analytics” below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we or our service providers collect about you or that you provide to us or our service providers, including any personal information:
- to present our Sites and content to you;
- to organize races and events, fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, respond to your requests, and for other purposes related to managing our organization;
- to provide you with information, merchandise, or services that you request from us;
- to send you newsletters or other promotional messages regarding our Sites and the events that we organize;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your registration or account;
- to communicate with you regarding your account, events for which you have registered or signed up to volunteer, important updates regarding our Sites, and other administrative issues;
- to count and recognize visitors to our Sites, analyze how visitors use our Sites, improve the Sites, create new products and services, and conduct analytics, including as described in the section below titled “Third-Party Analytics”;
- for legal or other necessary purposes, including as described below in the section below titled “Disclosure of Your Information”;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please unsubscribe or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may share personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- with service providers and other third parties we use to support and manage our organization and organize races and events;
- if you participate in a race that we organize, we may share certain information about you with the general public, such as your name, age group, gender, state and country of residence, and final race results through our Sites;
- with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Sites’ users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Colfax Marathon, our athletes, volunteers, customers or other individuals.
Please note that our Services do not respond to browser Do Not Track signals at this time.
Third-Party Links and Websites
The Sites may contain links to third-party websites, including social media sharing features that link to third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they (and any services that may be accessible through them) are governed by their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites or the information you share through such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave a Site and to review the privacy policies applicable to such third-party websites. This Policy applies solely to information collected in connection with our Sites.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our events, products or services, or if you no longer want to receive our newsletters, you can opt out by following the “unsubscribe” instructions that are included at the bottom of each message. You may also opt out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our promotional communications, you may still receive administrative messages from us.
If you are a California resident under 18 years of age and a registered user of our Sites, you may request that we remove content and information that you post on our Sites. To obtain removal of such content and information, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of the content or information you would like to have removed. Please note that such a request does not necessarily ensure complete or comprehensive removal of content posted by you, since the content and information may remain in our or our service provider’s databases, may remain visible in a manner that does not identify you, or may have been re-posted by another user.
You may have additional rights under applicable laws to request access to, correction of, deletion of, or restrictions on the processing of certain information. You also may have rights under applicable laws to opt out of or withdraw consent to further processing or request copies of your data. To make such a request and/or inquire about such rights, please send us an email at email@example.com. For your protection, we may only implement requests related to information that we have associated with the email address you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on a Sites’ home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Sites and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.