Benefits of Orangetheory Fitness in Marathon Preparation
- Improving strength helps you become a more efficient runner as well as helping to prevent injuries.
- Strengthening multiple planes of movement (not just forward and backward like when we run, but also lateral movements) to help prevent injuries and muscular imbalances.
- Using the TRX/BOSU to work on core strength and balance.
- Provides a low-impact, aerobic or anaerobic, cross-training option
- Helps develop power & strength in lower body, core, and upper body as rowing can utilize up to 84% of your muscles. It can also help improve posture.
- Helps improve flexibility of the hamstrings and calves.
- Running faster paces (i.e. push paces and especially all outs) help to improve your running economy and efficiency (ability to run faster paces with less effort).
- Improving efficiency through speed work with reduce the chance of injury