We were thrilled to Welcome Back 700 runners on Saturday. Perfect weather, and alot of happy folks. Denver Runs Again!
RESULTS (in person and virtual)- Click here
Denver Runs Again!
Saturday, October 10th we hosted Welcome Back Denver 5K in City Park. The in-person race sold out, as well as virtual.
We had four start groups with 175 people starting each hour. Runners chose their starting time (pick the same as your friends). Great navy, heather shirt and slate, commemorative coaster.
Great Denver Runs Again soft tech navy heather shirt – CLICK HERE to see high res photos of mens and womens. Great for running or hanging out. We couldn’t hang a medal around your neck, so we went outside the box and created a cool slate commemorative coaster to use every day.
Rules for Race Day
Lots of COVID-19 precautions were in place as we’re following the guidelines we created that DDPHE – Denver Public Health – has accepted. Your safety was our priority!!
These rules are the ones you agreed to during registration, and in the waiver/guidelines you signed online in the last week.
- I must be symptom free and have a normal temperature before attending. I must social distance at 6′ at all times, and not congregate in the Start/Finish area.
- Masks are required at all times before crossing the Start Line. Runners can run on the course without a mask if they are social distancing. Masks must be put back on after crossing the Finish Line.
- No changes to my Starting Time on Race Day, no moving forward or back. I will be chip timed (which may be used for contact tracing), and must complete the course in 55 minutes.
- I will bring my own water for pre-race and during the race. Bottled water will be at the Finish only.
- Only runners at the Start, Finish and Race Course. No guests, no dogs, no children under 14. Strollers are allowed (children must stay in the stroller)
- I can choose to change to virtual at any time. No refunds.
- My starting group time was what I chose at registration (8, 9, 10, 11). This will be on my bib.
- I should arrive at City Park (behind DMNS by Ferril Lake) no earlier than 30 minutes before my Start Time, and look for the Corral letter (A – G) that is on my bib. Each Corral has 25 runners and the corrals of 25 will cross the Start Line every 2 minutes (all social distanced)