It’s the Runners Reunion! May 15-16, 2021. Choose the 5K on Saturday or 10K on Sunday.
We are excited to host the Runners Reunion in May, our normal marathon weekend. Great chance to return to running in person – with a fun twist!
We’re adding some fun to make it an extra special reunion – wear your school colors proud (your alma mater, college, high school,..). On Race Day you’ll be able to find those fellow black/gold Buffs, or Green/Yellow Rams, or perhaps Red/White East High School Angels. Dust off those colors and look for your compadres on Race Day.
We’ll be stretching out the start line as we did last fall – to follow the official COVID-19 running event guidelines, accepted by the CDPHE (Department of Health). Note – this pic was taken pre-pandemic.
Choose the 5K on Saturday, the 10K on Sunday, or run both days for our Combo.
You’ll register and start times will be assigned by your pace to ensure runners are flowing well down the course without a lot of passing or crunch spots. Faster runners and joggers will have earlier start times than brisk walkers. Don’t worry, you can run with your friends – all of you should pick the slowest pace of the group and enjoy that pace on Race Day. Start times will be between 8 and 11am, unless COVID guidelines are relaxed and we can release runners more quickly. You will be notified of your start time the week before the race.
Great Runners Reunion soft tech shirt – men’s and women’s shirt sizes with the design below! Great for running or hanging out.
Awesome Commemorative Coaster
Since we can’t hang a medal around your neck, we are going outside the box and creating a cool slate commemorative coaster to use every day.
Run the Combo and also receive Colfax medal/key hanger
Run the 5K and get the weekend shirt and commemorative coaster. Run the 10K and get the weekend shirt and commemorative coaster. Run the Combo and you can run both days – you’ll receive the weekend shirt and commemorative coaster PLUS you will get this awesome steel Colfax medal/key hanger. Click here to view!
Rules for Race Day
Lots of COVID-19 precautions will be in place as we’re following the guidelines we created that DDPHE, Denver Public Health, has accepted. Your safety is our priority!! These rules will be the ones you agree to during registration.
- Be symptom free with a normal temperature before attending. 6′ social distancing.
- Masks are required before crossing the Start Line. Mask can be removed while running, and put back on after crossing the Finish Line.
- No changes to my Starting Time on Race Day, no moving forward or back. I will be chip timed (which may be used for contact tracing).
- Bring your own water for pre-race and during the race. Bottled water will be at the Finish only.
- No spectators or dogs. Strollers are allowed.
- I can choose to change to virtual. No refunds.
- My starting group time will be on my bib.
- I should arrive at City Park (behind DMNS by Ferril Lake) and look for my Corral/Group. Each Corral has 25 runners (6′ apart), and the corrals of 25 will be separated as they cross the Start Line.
- Athletes with disabilities are welcome – including push rim athletes. The course does not accommodate hand crank athletes.