Say Goodbye to Summer!
Yikes – is it already over? We’re Coloradans – so that’s bad news as we let go of our summer fun, but great news as we head towards another fun Colorado winter. Join us Sunday, September 19th for the Goodbye Summer 5K.
Get on the list now to know 24 hours in advance when registration opens
We’ll be stretching out the start line as we have done before – to follow our guidelines as accepted by the CDPHE (Department of Health)
You’ll register and start times will be assigned by your pace to ensure runners are flowing well down the course without a lot of passing or crunch spots. Don’t worry, you can run with your friends – all of you should pick the slowest pace of the group and enjoy that pace on Race Day.
Sign up to be on the early notification list
We will sell out! Sign up to be on our early notification list for registration opening for all of our 2021 races. Click here.
Great Goodbye Summer soft tech shirt – men’s and women’s shirt designs to be revealed soon! Great for running or hanging out. Plus, we’re going rogue with a cool commemorative gift to replace a medal – since we can’t hang it around your neck, we’re getting creative!
Pictured above is the October 2020 Denver Runs Again Shirt!
Rules for Race Day (as of winter of 2021)
NOTE – the below may be loosened by Race Day if the Department of Health agrees to relaxed rules. These are the precautions as of winter 2021.
These rules are the ones you’ll agree to during registration. These may be tweaked based on government guidelines closer to the event.
- I must be symptom free and have a normal temperature before attending. I must social distance at 6′ at all times, and not congregate in the Start/Finish area.
- Masks are required at all times before crossing the Start Line. Runners can run on the course without a mask if they are social distancing. Masks must be put back on after crossing the Finish Line.
- No changes to my starting time on Race Day, no moving forward or back. I will be chip timed (which may be used for contact tracing), and must complete the course in 55 minutes.
- I will bring my own water for pre-race and during the race. Bottled water will be at the Finish only.
- Only runners at the Start, Finish and Race Course. No guests, no dogs, no children under 14. Strollers are allowed (children must stay in the stroller)
- I can choose to change to virtual at any time. No refunds.
- My starting group time will be on my bib.
- I should arrive at Sloan’s Lake – (NE Corner) no earlier than 30 minutes before my Start Time, and look for the Corral letter that is on my bib. For example, each Corral will likely have 25 runners and the corrals of 25 will cross the Start Line separately (all social distanced).